Massage features in the earliest Ayuvedic texts dating back nearly 4000 years. Today, in India, massage techniques and routines are handed down through the generations and is considered to be an integral part of family life. The head massage was originally developed by women who used different oils to keep their long hair strong, lustrous and in great condition. Barbers often practice many of the same skills focussing on the scalp with their male clients as part of their treatment.
- Muscle tension relief therefore reducing pain.
- Increased mobility and a reduction of stiffness of joints.
- Anti aging effect by smoothing out face muscles and relieving tension from the jaw.
- Encourages good health and an increased rate of healing by bringing oxygen and nutrients to the cells and removing carbon dioxide and waste products.
- Increases the flow of lymph
- Alleviates tension headaches, nasal congestion, eye strain, migraines.
- Induces relaxation, reduces anxiety and stress.
- Can help with hair loss by stimulating and improving scalp circulation.
The Routine (The Client will be seated and fully clothed)
- Neck & Shoulders
- Arms & Hands
The sense of well-being that follows a treatment has to be experienced to be fully comprehended.