Pregnancy is an absolute joy where you ooze femininity and blossom……but, it can also cause increasing back ache, tension, pelvic problems and anxiety.
Todays approach to pregnancy can often be too clinical whereas massage can lift your spirits and offer some comfort. It will help you keep a relaxed posture by easing tight muscles and encourage movement of fluid that can gather around your ankles and feet.
Those women who regularly have a massage can continue to have massage throughout their pregnancy, likewise those who are new to massage, pregnancy massage can restore the body’s balance and alleviate/prevent some of the discomforts that can arise.
There are many benefits to having regular massages throughout your pregnancy;
- A safe massage treatment for the whole body.
- Luxurious period of relaxation for the mind, body, spirit & emotions.
- Relief from muscle tension caused by softening of joints and an increase in weight during pregnancy.
- Relief from excess fluid retention in limbs.
- Relieves nervous tension and promotes a more restful, deep sleep.
Comfort and safety are the prime considerations in a pregnancy massage. It is only suitable from the second trimester onwards as long as there are no pre existing conditions relating to the pregnancy. A full consultation will take place before a massage is deemed to be suitable. If there are no contra-indications the massage will take place on the massage couch with the client lying on their side & supported by pillows.